University of California, Los Angeles (2006–2010)
Ph.D. in Mathematics
Adviser: Luminita A. Vese, Ph.D. Thesis: “Contour Stencils and Variational Image Processing”
University of Colorado, Boulder (2002–2006)
Concurrent B.S./M.S. in Applied Mathematics, magna cum laude
Adviser: François G. Meyer, M.S. Thesis: “ENO Schemes with General Discretizations”
- Sr. Software Engineer, Google Research (2013–present)
- Software Engineer, Sierra Nevada Corporation (2012–2013)
- NSF MSPRF Fellow (2010–2012)
I was a recipient of the National Science Foundation Mathematical Sciences Postdoctoral Research Fellowship (DMS-1004694), of which about 35 are awarded per year. From Jul 2010 to Jul 2011, I worked at École Normale Supérieure de Cachan with mentor J.-M. Morel. From Aug 2011 to Jul 2012, I worked at Yale University with mentor R. Coifman.
- Research Assistant, Placental Analytics, LLC (2011–2012)
- UCLA Math Department Research Assistantship (2008–2010)
- C++ Software Consultant, Placental Analytics, LLC (2010)
- Research internship at HRL Laboratories (2007)
- NSF VIGRE Research at University of Colorado, Boulder (2003–2006)
- NSF Mathematical Sciences Postdoctoral Research Fellowship (2010–2012)
- Graduate Research Training Fellowship (2009–2010)
- Mentor Research Fellowship (2008–2009)
- Teaching Assistantship (2006–2008)
- Dean's Honor Scholarship (2005)
- UCB VIGRE Undergraduate Research (2003–2006)
- Heaviside Wealth Management Award for Outstanding Graduate Research (2010)
- SAMPTA Young Researchers Scholarship (2009)
- SPIE Student Travel Grant (2009)
- UCB Outstanding Senior for Research Excellence (2006)
- Math Contest in Modeling 2006 highest “outstanding” rank, MAA prize, SIAM prize
- Math Contest in Modeling 2005 highest “outstanding” rank
- Math Contest in Modeling 2004 highest “outstanding” rank, MAA prize
- F. Ong, P. Milanfar, P. Getreuer. “Local Kernels that Approximate Bayesian Regularization and Proximal Operators,” arXiv preprint:1803.03711, 2018.
- S. Choi, J. Isidoro, P. Getreuer, P. Milanfar. "Fast, Trainable, Multiscale Denoising." arXiv preprint arXiv:1802.06130, 2018.
- P. Getreuer, I. Garcia-Dorado, J. Isidoro, S. Choi, F. Ong, P. Milanfar. “BLADE: Filter Learning for General Purpose Image Processing.” 2018 IEEE International Conference on Computational Photography (ICCP), pp. 1–11, 2018.
- P. Getreuer, C. Gnegy, R. F. Lyon, R. A. Saurous, “Ultrasonic Communication Using Consumer Hardware.” IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 1277–1290, 2018.
- I. Garcia-Dorado, P. Getreuer, M. Le, R. Debreuil, A. Kauffmann, P. Milanfar, “Graphic Narrative with Interactive Stylization Design,” arXiv preprint:1712.06654, 2017
- Y. Wang, P. Getreuer, T. Hughes, R. F. Lyon, R. A. Saurous, “Trainable frontend for robust and far-field keyword spotting.” 2017 IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP), pp. 5670–5674, 2017.
- P. Getreuer, “A Survey of Gaussian Convolution Algorithms,” Image Processing On Line, 2013. DOI:10.5201/ipol.2013.87.
- L. Yang, P. Getreuer, L. Zhou, “Sparse-view cone beam CT reconstruction via previous normal dose scan induced BM3D-frame regularization method,” Fully Three-Dimensional Image Reconstruction in Radiology and Nuclear Medicine, 2013.
- A. Chen, A. L. Bertozzi, P. D. Ashby, P. Getreuer, Y. Lou, “Enhancement and Recovery in Atomic Force Microscopy Images,” in Excursions in Harmonic Analysis, Volume 2, T.D. Andrews, R. Balan, J.J. Benedetto, W. Czaja, K.A. Okoudjou (Eds.), Birkhäuser Basel, pp. 311–332, 2013.
- R. Seong, P. Getreuer, Y. Li, T. Girardi, C.M. Salafia, D.D. Vvedensky, “Statistical Geometry and Topology of the Human Placenta,” Advances in Applied Mathematics, Modeling, and Computational Science, Fields Institute Communications, vol. 66, pp. 187–208, 2013.
- N. Limare, L. Oudre, P. Getreuer, “IPOL: Reviewed publication and public testing of research software,” IEEE 8th International Conference on E-Science, pp. 1–8, 2012.
- Y. Li, C.M. Salafia, O. Shlahkter, P. Getreuer, D. Misra, P. Katzman, L. Ruffolo, J. Moye, Vanguard Sites National Children’s Study, “The Chorionic Surface Vascular Network in Human Placentae: What Can be Measured and Does It Matter?,” Placenta, vol. 33, no. 9, p. A21, 2012.
- P. Getreuer, “Automatic Color Enhancement (ACE) and its fast implementation,” Image Processing On Line, 2012. DOI:10.5201/ipol.2012.g-ace.
- P. Getreuer, “Chan–Vese Segmentation,” Image Processing On Line, 2012. DOI:10.5201/ipol.2012.g-cv.
- P. Getreuer, “Total Variation Inpainting using Split Bregman,” Image Processing On Line, 2012. DOI:10.5201/ipol.2012.g-tvi.
- P. Getreuer, “Total Variation Deconvolution using Split Bregman,” Image Processing On Line, 2012. DOI:10.5201/ipol.2012.g-tvdc.
- P. Getreuer, “Rudin–Osher–Fatemi Total Variation Denoising using Split Bregman,” Image Processing On Line, 2012. DOI:10.5201/ipol.2012.g-tvd.
- P. Getreuer, “Image Demosaicking with Contour Stencils,” Image Processing On Line, 2012. DOI:10.5201/ipol.2012.g-dwcs.
- P. Getreuer, “Contour Stencils: Total Variation along Curves for Adaptive Image Interpolation,” SIAM J. Imaging Sci., vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 954–979, 2011.
- P. Getreuer, “Linear Methods for Image Interpolation,” Image Processing On Line, 2011. DOI:10.5201/ipol.2011.g_lmii.
- P. Getreuer, “Roussos–Maragos Tensor-Driven Diffusion for Image Interpolation,” Image Processing On Line, 2011. DOI:10.5201/ipol.2011.g_rmdi.
- P. Getreuer, “Zhang–Wu Directional LMMSE Image Demosaicking,” Image Processing On Line, 2011. DOI:10.5201/ipol.2011.g_zwld.
- P. Getreuer, “Gunturk–Altunbasak–Mersereau Alternating Projections Image Demosaicking,” Image Processing On Line, 2011. DOI:10.5201/ipol.2011.g_gapd.
- P. Getreuer, “Image Interpolation with Geometric Contour Stencils,” Image Processing On Line, 2011. DOI:10.5201/ipol.2011.g_igcs.
- P. Getreuer, M. Tong, L. Vese. "A Variational Model for the Restoration of MR Images Corrupted by Blur and Rician Noise," Proceedings of ISVC, Part I, LNCS 6938, 2011.
- P. Getreuer, “Malvar–He–Cutler Linear Image Demosaicking,” Image Processing On Line, 2011. DOI:10.5201/ipol.2011.g_mhcd.
- P. Getreuer, “Image Interpolation with Contour Stencils,” Image Processing On Line, 2011. DOI:10.5201/ipol.2011.g_iics.
- P. Getreuer, “Color Demosaicing with Contour Stencils,” Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Digital Signal Processing (DSP2011), 2011.
- N. Almoussa, B. Dutra, B. Lampe, P. Getreuer, T. Wittman, C. Salafia, L. Vese, “Automated Vasculature Extraction from Placenta Images,” Proceedings of SPIE, vol. 7962, 2011.
- P. Getreuer, “Image zooming with contour stencils,” Proceedings of SPIE, vol. 7246, 2009.
- P. Getreuer, “Contour stencils for edge-adaptive image interpolation,” Proceedings of SPIE, vol. 7257, 2009.
- P. Getreuer and F. G. Meyer, “ENO Multiresolution Schemes with General Discretizations,” SIAM J. Numer. Anal. vol. 46, no. 6, pp. 2953-2977. 2008.
- P. Getreuer, A.M. Albano, and A. Muriel, “Possibility of Turbulence from a Post-Navier-Stokes Equation,” Physics Letters A, vol. 366, pp. 101–104. June 2007.
- B. Camley, P. Getreuer, and B. Klingenberg, “Sprinkle, Sprinkle, Little Yard (Study on irrigation),” The UMAP Journal, vol. 27, no. 3. 2006.
- B. Camley, P. Getreuer, and B. Klingenberg, “For Whom the Booth Tolls (Study on traffic flow),” The UMAP Journal, vol. 26, no. 3. 2005.
- B. Camley, P. Getreuer, and B. Klingenberg, “Not Such A Small Whorl After All (Study on fingerprint uniqueness),” The UMAP Journal, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 245–258. 2004.